I have seen a few of these posts or videos about giving yourself advice and what you wished the teenage version of yourself had known. I was thinking and pondering this post last night when I was walking home and trying to think what would be the most beneficial advice for me to give my teenage self and I have a few words of wisdom…that probably still apply to me presently.
- Just concentrate on doing your work-all that drama is just secondary.
- Quit trying to be someone you are not. Just embrace the fact that you are one heck of an awkward person.
- If you don’t like someone, don’t waste your time on them. That doesn’t mean be rude or mean to them, just don’t waste your time and energy on them.
- Just accept the fact that people are going to change and grow and if you grow apart from someone…it’s ok. Don’t be bitter about it.
- Talking behind people’s backs will get you no where fast. Drama might be fun to watch, but there is no need to get involved with it.
- Concentrate on things that you are in control of and not things that are out of your realms of control.
- Quit comparing yourself to everyone else and making everything a competition.
I really don’t have too much advice for my teen self. And honestly these bits of advice are really general and generic. But that is mainly because the “bad” times during my teenage years were mostly self-inflicted and could have been remedied by just not getting involved with drama.
What would you tell your teen self? What is some advice that you would like to give?
PS: this post is purposely a little bit more “light-hearted”.