How did I just completely forget to do this on August 1st? Le sigh. Better late than never, right? Right.
So let me quickly recap my July goals
During July I want to accomplish:
- Sugar/sweets free—better! Not completely sugar free but I was better!
- Being active everyday (similar to my 50 days of running challenge but without running everyday—didn’t accomplish this. I slacked a bit on vacation and then I got really sick after.
- Swim a mile (about 71 lengths…but I would do even so 72 lengths)—done! Did it! Took me an hour and I haven’t been able to do it since, but I did it!
- Utilize my weekends for more than just napping………(serious problem!) —better! Getting more accomplished!
- Get my research done and blog post finished that I need to get approved through a researcher in the field—still haven’t done. There is a lot of research that I want to do on this blog post and honestly, I’m just so intimidated to send her anything for fear that she will hate it.
- Save. More. Money. —meh, better.
- Get. Away. From. My. Phone. (especially during my vacation!!! coming up SOON!) —meh…
So in August, my goals are:
- Take my contacts out every night (not really wellness related but I’m notorious for leaving my contacts in)
- Swim a mile, get comfortable swimming 100s, get comfortable utilizing flip turns
- Run w/ the running group/club thing every Thursday night
- Start prepping for a half marathon in October
- Unplug from the world a little bit more
I will be moving to a new apartment in a few weeks, so I also need to start packing up for that move.
What are some of your goals for the next month (even though we are almost half-way through August…jeeze Vanessa!). I don’t have a lot of “wellness” directed goals I guess you could say, but these are all goals that help guide me throughout the month and help me check in on my progress.
Do you like to set monthly goals? Do you find goal setting useful? Let me know!